I've Been TAGGED and I think It's Cool and Fun

I have been TAGGED from my Blogger buddy Prince Balthazar. Unlike Prince, I don't have eight more Blogger friends to TAG but I will TAG my sister Meghan and talented writer Cynthia Leitich Smith and newly published author of the upcoming YA release Wings, Aprilynne Pike and that's all I've got.

I know my sister will be the only one to do it. Cynthia is a big time REAL writer and Aprilynne just got her first humongo book deal. Oh, and one more thing, they probably don't even know who the heck I am.

Come on, Meggie. You're all I've got. Consider yourself TAGGED woman.


1. What are your nicknames?

Katrina DeBriccasar from the hallowed halls of Sanderson Hall, West Chester University circa 1987, Skateorbate from my high school friend, Mike circa 1985. Katie-Kate from my sister Meg, my friend Maria and my cousins Susan & Lisa (not sure of its birth but it is still used this very year in which we are all living).


2. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?

My dad brought home Michael Jackson and the making of Thriller to compliment our brand new fandangled VCR. My three younger sisters and I would watch it in my parent's air conditioned bedroom and watch/re-watch that video until we could recite it verbatim. Awwww, I'll come 100% clean...we we're learning those dance moves too. It was 1983!


3. What is your favorite scent?

Picture this...car filled with family and tons of vacation stuff. Father driving. We exit off the NJ Parkway and we're surrounded by perfectly dank smelling wetlands on either side of road. Windows roll down. Deep breaths in. Family of six collectively let out, "Ahhhh...the shore."


4. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?

IRELAND. Hands down it is the most magical place on the planet. The people, the landscape, the pubs, the hospitality, the castles, the history. Perfection.


5. Do you trust easily?

I am a wide-eyed optimist and probably the most NON-cynical person alive. I trust openly...until you lie, then, well, I can smell you as the rat you are. Don't mess with Scorpios.


6. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?

A perfect blend of both. I am not 100% spontaneous when it really matters. I like to use the squishy thing tucked behind my forehead quite frequently.


7. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Oh yeah, did I mention waiting for answer from dream agent.


8. Do you have a good body image?

Ha. That's hilarious. Wait...wait...wait, I have to catch my breath. You see the words, good and body image together just make me laugh. I've had two kids for god's sake. However, I still get looks while driving in my car.


9. What is your favorite fruit?

Oh, I don't know. Chocolate covered strawberries. Apples and peanut butter. I like a little bad with my good.


10. What websites do you visit daily?

My website for my classroom. Gotta keep those 6th grade parents informed. Also, obviously, this lovely website. My bank. Love my bank. Gotta know where the money's going. My Facebook page. It keeps me connected to my humongous family.


11. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?

WRITING. Seriously. My heart races when I know I have some time to put fingers to keys. I'm a weirdo.


12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

Prince Balthazar seems witty and clever in his writing. Even though I don't truly know him, like in the normal human sense, he seems like he's probably a nice guy. I do hope his publishing dreams come true. Thanks for all of your nice comments cyber friend.


13. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?

Radiohead's entire CD In Rainbows. It quite possibly is the most perfect album ever created. And I mean it.


14. What's your favorite item of clothing?

Anything that makes me feel good about myself or garners compliments.


15. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?

I want to meet the person who DOESN'T think they rule.


16. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?

Look around for someone who seems to have lost something and run it up to them. If no one is around I'd probably kiss it up to the money gods and do a little dance of happiness right then and there.

17. What items could you not go without during the day?

My hot husband, my wicked-amazing two sons, my super-fly laptop, my brilliant coffee girls, my students and my cell phone.


18. What should you be doing right now?

Getting off this dang computer. See, I told you I love my laptop.

Popular Posts