Blen + Ding = Blending

Blending. Blending. Blending. Blendi...

Try saying it. Out loud. Not in your head. It isn't the same. Go ahead. I can wait.

Cool word isn't it? It sort of rolls off the tongue with blendy goodness. Curious yet?

Well, I got to thinking about blending after listening to this lil' bit of blendaliscousness...



How great is that? I mean seriously, seriously great. Mr. Cheese has an entire collection of songs. You haven't lived till you've heard him croon Snoop's Gin and Juice or Radiohead's Creep. It is blending at its finest.

My mind then jumped to the blending of people. Like having a kid. That is uber- blending. I have two boys and it never ceases to amaze me how they really are a true blend of my husband and me - looks (obviously), strengths, interests, fears, humor and dislikes. Yet, they are their own unique individual selves too. Whoa. That's deep.

And then, being the good writer that I am, my thoughts drifted towards books and how some of my favorites are really good blends. Like, A Corner of the Universe, by Ann Martin - she blends human drama with humor and ends up with one of the best books I've ever read. And 13 Reasons Why where Jay Asher blends mystery with human impact. And Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse. Ms. Hesse brilliantly blends free verse poetry with the novel. Great read.

And theeeennnn, being the good, I-Like-To-Have-Fun'er that I am, I thought of one of my favorite drink blends. I am not a shot person, however, a few years back my sister brought over the ingredients for a shot called Chocolate Cake. It is one yummo shot - I advise the shot for two kinds of people, either 21 years young with no responsibilities the next day or on vacation without your kids. Vacation folk have no age restrictions.

Chocolate Cake Shot recipe
1/2 oz Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur
1/2 oz Stoli® Vanil vodka
sugar to rim shot glass
sliced lemon wedges

~ Frost the rim of an old-fashioned glass with sugar and lemon.
~ Add the vanilla vodka and Frangelico hazelnut liqueur; stir together.
~ Lick the sugar rim, shoot the mixture, and immediately bite a piece of lemon.

Popular Posts