Another New Job & Another New Book via NaNoWriMo

I haven't blogged about my old new job for a number of reasons. I guess the biggest reason is because I quit two days after I fell. The fall had nothing to do with it. I'll be cordial and say it wasn't working out for me.

Don't shed any tears for me because I got another new job the very same day I quit. I start tomorrow. I'm a wee bit nervous to begin on crutches, but I don't have a choice. Shoot me some good vibes tomorrow would ya?

As you can see from my public declaration to your right, I'm doing NaNo this year. I spent yesterday perusing my idea file and I didn't like any of my ideas. So I broadened my perusing to include other writing files, and I came to a brief piece I wrote the year after my dad died, called Secret Lesson. It was me justifying why I save life's memorabilia and why the relationship with my dad, when he was alive, was empty. I go pretty deep in six pages flat.

I re-read it.

Whammo. The recipe emerged.

I've spent today cooking up the characters and plot in my head. As in all day. I can't stop thinking about it.

I can't wait for November 1st!

Anyone else out there doing NaNo?

Even if you've never heard of it - check it out - that's for all of you non-commenter followers. You know who you are. If you've ever had the dream of writing a novel, well, NaNo just may be the thing you need to go ahead and, DO IT.

Checka-check-it-out.

Popular Posts