On The Bright Side

I've cooled down since my hissy fit over the weekend. What can I say, I'm saucy. I am going to look at my critique papers today and see if I feel any differently, we'll see. I'm a Scorpio, and that means I am one stubborn chick if I feel strongly about something. My passion has always done me justice and I'm not saying I'm unconvinceable, it's just that I trust my gut a lot and it takes a lot more than an opinion to sway me. No matter who you are.

I believe in myself on one hand. And then I have this other part of me that whispers things like, "You can't do that. You can't write another book. You can't sing in front of people. You can't..." It's quite an annoying part of me. It tends to get me when I think I can do something new, something different and exciting. Each tiny thought nibbles away at my Scorpion bravado, reducing it to a pile of mouse crumbs.

A funny thing usually happens though. That other hand, the one that believes in me, the one that stays clenched tight not allowing the doubting rat to gnaw its way inside, well, that hand opens wide. It flicks the rat away, scoops up the pile of doubt, tucks my hair behind my ear and gets me going.

I'm not alone in this phenomenon. I know other people out there feel doubt or fear. Let's all make a pact right here, right now, to trap the rat, silence the doubt, and do what we KNOW we are capable of doing. No matter what it is.

Now, I caught up on my music this morning over coffee. I heard this little ditty today. When you watch the video, put yourself in there, insert your dream, your goal, your hope into the lyrics. It'll make you feel good.

Now get to tackling, people. Go on...

On The Bright Side

By: Never Shout Never

I met a man of two feet tall
This man was quite ambitious
In a world that is so vicious to us all
I said, \"Hi,\" as he replied
He said, \"Listen to these words
That I have lived by my whole life

\"You're only as tall as your heart will let you be
And you're only as small as the world will make you seem
When the going gets rough and you feel like you may fall
Just look on the bright side - you're roughly six feet tall\"

I met a man of 12 feet tall
He towered like a giant
In a world that was defiant of his height
I said, \"Hi,\" as he replied
He said, \"Listen to these words
That I have dreaded my whole life

\"You're only as tall as your heart will let you be
And you're only as small as the world will make you seem
When the going gets rough and you feel like you may fall
Just look on the bright side - you're roughly six feet tall.\"

I am a man of six feet tall
Just looking for some answers
In a world that answers none of them at all
I'll say, \"Hi,\" but not reply
To the letters that you write
Because I found some peace of mind

Cause I'm only as tall as my heart will let me be
And I'm only as small as the world will make me seem
When the going gets rough and I feel like I may fall
I'll look on the bright side - I'm roughly six feet tall

Popular Posts