Monday Smorgasbord

I have crawled out from the cave of revision and am now smack in the middle of my ghost story again. My fingers are covered in band-aids. I've been a very naughty cuticle picker. Bad writer. Bad.

I've also been a bad blogger.

But I'm back today with a bunch of various things to share. A smorgasbord if you will.


1. Words of encouragement:
To anyone in query-land I say this: Keep Writing. Start something new. It's one of the best ways to get better at your craft.
Harriet Beecher Stowe says this: When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. 
2. Thank you to all of the wonderful new people I've been meeting at my book signing and events. It has been a pleasure shaking your hands and talking books. 
3. To any librarians out there: I will be signing books at the Simon & Schuster booth this Thursday from 10 - 11 AM, at the Public Library Association's National Conference in Philadelphia, PA. Stop by and say hello!

4. My first newsletter went out! If you'd like to sign up to receive the K. M. Walton Newsletter each month in your email, look to your right and click on the link. It's where you can be kept up to date on upcoming events, signing, news, as well as lots of other fun stuff.

5. I will be organizing my Street Team. Finally. If you'd like to be a member of my exclusive Street Team, shoot me an email at kmwalton1 at verizon dot net and I'll give you the full details. It doesn't cost a dime and it's fun, fun, fun.

6. If you, or anyone you know, lives in the Collegeville/Phoenixville/Trappe PA area, I will be conducting a Teen Writing Workshop Saturday, March 24, 2012 at The Towne Book Center & Cafe in Trappe, PA, from 3 - 4:30 PM. Interested teens must sign up prior to the event in order to secure a spot. Following the workshop there will be a book signing at 4:30 PM open to the public.

Popular Posts